The ice and snow have not come, at least, not yet. Cue the dramatic music! Yes, the weather for the New York area has held out, but if the past few years are any indication, there is some nasty weather coming after the new year. Maybe this year will be different, but maybe it won’t. No one ever lost anything by being ready.
What can you do to prepare for driving in bad weather, in the snow covered streets? There’s plenty of tips and things to do so we’ll just scratch the surface. Business Insider gave plenty of examples and here’s a few.
- Top off your windshield wiper fluid and keep an extra bottle in your car.
- Make sure your battery is fully charged.
- Know if your vehicle has anti-lock brakes or non-anti-lock brakes as this will decide how you brake. If you have anti-lock, you want to use steady pressure, if you do not, then pump the brakes.
- Have materials such as sand in your car in case you get stuck in the snow or ice and need some extra traction.
- Check to make sure your tires are properly inflated.
- Always have your gas tank at least half full so that the gas line doesn’t freeze.
Check out the full article for more tips on how to make sure that you don’t run into any issues traveling should the bad weather finally arrive to the Big Apple.
If you want to have your car looked at, then you can schedule a time to be seen by the service department at Bayside Chrysler Jeep Dodge by going to our service tab on the website. You can also keep up with your service appointments by downloading our mobile app to view details in real time on your vehicle when brought in for a service appointment.