A big snow storm is slated to hit the east coast and dump a bunch of ice and snow on the New York area. This is after warmer weather has been on the rise so many drivers have been prepping for spring weather only to now be hit once again with winter. Here is how to be best prepared for the ice and snow to come.
- Top off your windshield wiper fluid and keep an extra bottle in your car.
- Make sure your battery is fully charged.
- Know if your vehicle has anti-lock brakes or non-anti-lock brakes as this will decide how you brake. If you have anti-lock, you want to use steady pressure, if you do not, then pump the brakes.
- Have materials such as sand in your car in case you get stuck in the snow or ice and need some extra traction.
- Check to make sure your tires are properly inflated.
- Always have your gas tank at least half full so that the gas line doesn’t freeze.
If you want to have your car looked at, then you can schedule a time to be seen by the service department at Bayside Chrysler Jeep Dodge by going to our service tab on the website. You can also keep up with your service appointments by downloading our mobile app to view details in real time on your vehicle when brought in for a service appointment.